So normally I am not a dessert person, but during certain times of the month I crave something sweet after dinner. I usually satisfy it with a piece of dark chocolate, fruit & nuts, or just opt for a flavorful herbal tea. But during the cooler months, my Brooklyn apartment is overheated beyond my control, and I like something a little more refreshing, but not overly indulgent.
That's where this delicious berry ice "cream" comes in - it's pretty much just frozen berries & pineapple, almond milk, and Berry Bliss Philosophie Superfood Powder. I like to keep frozen fruits for times like this, especially since berry season is over. The superfood powder adds a little bit of protein and an added boost of nutrients.
Of course, though these fruits contain lots of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, they also contain sugar, so be mindful of your portion; you may want to split this with your significant other or roommate. They will love you for it.
Berry Berrybliss (No) Ice Cream
- 1 cup of frozen fruit (1/3 of each of pineapple, strawberries, and blueberries)
- 1/2 cup of almond milk (or hemp, rice, dairy, etc.)
- 1 tbsp Berry Bliss Philosophie Superfood Powder (Optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a high speed blender and blend on "Ice Cream" setting. You can also use a bullet or regular blender; you may need a little extra liquid to get things moving.
- Pour into a bowl and enjoy!