This weekend was my husband's birthday, so needless to say it was a pretty indulgent one. Tonight I was having a hankering for something sweet and cold, but wanted to try to keep it somewhat healthy since I like to get back on track as soon as possible.
So I made this:
It ain't the prettiest because it started to melt by the time I took the photo, but basically it's frozen bananas whipped with natural peanut butter and cacao powder, topped with cacao nibs and shredded coconut. Sounds amazing, right?! Well, it is. And it totally hit the spot. The bananas provide a creamy texture and sweetness, so there's no need to add any sugar. It's brill. Here's how I made it:
- 1 banana, frozen
- 3-4 oz unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1 tsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp shredded coconut (optional)
- 1/2 tsp cacao nibs (optional)
- In a food processor, or high speed blender, combine the banana, almond milk, peanut butter, and cacao powder, and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Top with shredded coconut and cacao nibs.
What are your go-to healthy desserts?